A panel of satellite, broadcast and communications technology experts will continue to explore the impact of Ka-band services on the world of media distribution across the globe.
Eutelsat in conjunction with World Teleport Association will be hosting the Industry Dialogue Series at IBC at 1pm on 8 September at the Eutelsat stand (Hall 1, Stand D59).
Once again, a panel of satellite, broadcast and communications technology experts will continue to explore the impact of Ka-band services on the world of media distribution in Europe and across the globe.
Broadcasters and media content providers everywhere remain deeply concerned and confused about the future of their networks, their profitability and their ability to select or to develop a proper technology strategy for an increasingly shifting “Gigabit World.” There is no single answer and we are in a period of flux. However satellite providers, teleport operators, the industry’s technology and network integrators have accumulated broad experience, and are able to offer focus and guidance.
In addition, the satellite industry’s Ka-band offering has given the industry a significant boost in its ability to provide comprehensive solutions to industries challenged by the multi-screen, IP-driven demands of vast and fragmented audiences and users everywhere.
Invited speakers include:
- Jean-Francois Fremaux, director of business development, multimedia department, Eutelsat (France)
- Serge Van Herck, CEO, Newtec (Belgium)
- Mike Aloisi, vice president, technology, satellite and affiliate services, Viacom Media Networks (USA)
- Radi Alkhas, CEO, Jordan Media City (2012 Independent Teleport Operator of the Year) (Jordan)
- M. Brett Belinsky, strategy and business development director, Arqiva Broadcast & Media (UK)