Global consulting firm, Euroconsult, which specialises in satellite-enabled vertical markets, such as satellite communications, connectivity, broadcasting, and Earth observation, announced the recipients of both its Annual Awards for Excellence in Connectivity and Satellite Communications as well as Earth Observation and Information on the occasion of the World Satellite Business Week, its annual senior executive event, of which the 22nd edition took place in Paris from Sept. 10 to 14.
Winners were chosen by a panel of industry experts who assess candidates using rigorous qualitative (innovation, strategic decisions, impact) and quantitative (financial performance indicators, such as EBITDA or revenue growth or size/nature of a commercial agreement) criteria.
This year’s award categories and winners are:
• Global Satellite Business (Satcom): EchoStar, with Hughes Network Systems
• Strategic M&A Transaction (Satcom): Yahsat
• Strategic M&A Transaction (EO): Maxar Technologies
• Global Connectivity / SmartShip: Carnival & Speedcast
• Global Connectivity / SmartPlane: Emirates, Inmarsat & Thales InFlyt
• Global Connectivity / Universal Broadband: Sprint, Intelsat & Gilat
• Regional FSS Operator: China Satellite Communications
• Newcomer EO Satellite Operator: Beijing Space View
• Big Data Service Provider: Ursa Space Systems
“The World Satellite Business Week brings together the industry leaders and plays an important role in defining its future shape. It is gratifying to be able to recognize these outstanding achievements and the significant impact they have had on their respective sectors and the connected world,” commented Pacôme Révillon, CEO of Euroconsult.
The distinguished winners share their thoughts: